INTODUCTION TO BACK PAIN
- Almost 80% of Indian will have BACK Problems at some point in their life.
- The most common from is in the lower back pain.
- Back problems are more common in adult women than men
- 9 out of10 Patients Never Know the Primary Causes
- 1 Out of 3 adults say Back Pain in impacts every day activities including sleep.
Back Pain causes in Children
- By Birth – Degeneration of Joints
Back Pain causes in Middle Age
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Sitting Posture
- Lifting Techniques
- Sudden Awkward Movements
- Disk Injuries (Bulge, Herniate, Or Rupture )
- Osteoporosis, Can Lead To Fractures In Your Vertebrae.
- Pott’s Spine
Back Pain causes In Old Age
- Spinal stenosis.
- Facet joint dysfunction.
What are the characteristics of back pain?
- A dull aching sensation in the lower back
- A stabbing or shooting pain that can radiate down the leg to the foot
- An inability to stand up straight without pain
- A decreased range of motion and diminished ability to flex the back
Some Serious And Alarming Symptoms
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Numbness, tingling, or weakness in one or both legs
- Onset following trauma, such as a fall or a blow to the back
- Intense, constant pain that gets worse at night
- Presence of unexplained weight loss
- Pain associated with a throbbing sensation in the abdomen
- Presence of fever
How To Diagnose A Back Pain
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scan
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Medication ( analgesics, muscle relaxants )
- Epidural steroid injections.
- Endoscopic Key Hole Disc Treatment
- Only 5% of Patient who have Back Pain need Surgery
WHATS NEWER TO GET RID OF BACK PAIN
- PERCUTANEOUS TRANSFORAMINAL EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION
- PERCUTANEOUS ENDOSCOPIC LUMBAR DISKECTOMY
Benefits Of DAY CARE DISC TREATMENT
- Key Hole
- Stitch Less
- Blood less
- Pain Less
- Local Anesthesia (Patient awake)
- Risk Free
- Immediate recovery
- Infection free
- No Metal Implant used
- Save and convenient for diabetics, heart disease and COPD (asthma Patients)
- Economically Benefitted
- Patient return to regular activates immediately
- Failed back surgery syndrome
Tips to Prevent Back Pain
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
- Remain active—under the supervision of your doctor of chiropractic.
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
- Warm up or stretch before exercising or physical activities, such as gardening.
- Maintain proper posture.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
- Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
- Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
- Work with your doctor of chiropractic to ensure that your computer workstation is ergonomically correct.
FREEDOM FROM BACK PAIN
Back Pain If your back pain hasn't improved after a 24-36hrs
Visit to Kalyan Hospital Doctor checks your History, range of motion, how nerves are working. Investigation (X-Ray)
Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Pain management. Exercise for two week Changes in Life style
If Pain NOT Relief If pain spreads down one or both legs, especially if pain extends below your knee Causes weakness,numbness or tingling in one or both legs Back Pain Relapse
Consult to Doctor Again
1. Percutaneous trasforminal imjection Therapy
2. Per-Cutaneous Endoscopic diskectomy
3. Spine Surgery