Several people are suffering from knee pain due to back or spine problems. If you are one of them and want to get rid of this condition, then you must read this article carefully at the end since we are going to provide detailed information about knee pain and its connection with back and spine injury.
These days, millions of people are suffering from back and knee pain, which can only be treated with the help of medications and surgical procedures. In addition to this, you have to visit the ortho doctor so that you can get the proper check-up of your condition. You may need to go through knee replacement or spine surgery if you suffer from severe conditions.
Well, first of all, you need to understand why this happens and what is the connection between back and knee pain. You have to understand how the spine is responsible for knee pain.
Let’s have a look at this factor.
The nerves that lead you to pain and burning sensation are usually located in the lower back. When you age or meet with an accident, you will surely experience discomfort and pain. Due to injury, discs between the vertebrae are entirely present. This condition leads to severe pain and discomfort as well.
The severity of pain completely depends on the amount, how much your disc is pressing on the nerves. You must visit the physician for a check-up and physical exam in these conditions. There are several signs, such as-:
- Pain in the front of your thigh
- Knee pain
- Numbness or tingling in your thigh
- Weakness in your hip
In these conditions, you have to visit the doctor so that you can get the right treatment for your condition. First of all, he examines you properly, only then recommend you the treatment according to your condition.
Treatment for knee pain
There are specific treatment options for knee pain, but you must choose the effective one. Since you are suffering from severe pain and discomfort, you have to choose the best treatment so you can not experience this again.
- You can go with Steroid injections; these are valuable to decrease inflammation and irritation around your nerve root.
- Physical therapy is another treatment option to get rid of knee pain, including stretching and strengthening exercises. First, your physical therapist examines your condition and then recommends the exercises accordingly.
- The last and most effective treatment option is knee replacement surgery. This is valuable to get rid of severe knee pain and discomfort when you cannot get rid of pain with other medications.