More people are undergoing spinal fusion that is the appropriate solution for improved health. The decision to consider spinal surgery in Ludhiana is the best to deal with back pain. You need to talk to the orthopedic surgeon to understand, ‘When is the right time to undergo the back surgery?’
Spinal fusion procedure
During the spinal fusion procedure, the surgeon joins the adjacent vertebrae to form a single unit. The common scenario to get it done when the person has a spondylolisthesis that forms a single unit. It is also helpful when there is the misalignment of the vertebrae. The surgery can include metal rods and screws that help to stabilize the spine.
Which areas require the fusion?
There are many reasons due to which the person needs fusion. Sometimes, the spine can show the signs of changes that can potentially tell the reason for pain such as vertebrae breaking down because of the cushioning of the spinal disc.
- You can say that the person who has undergone fusion can be benefited from pain relief. It is better to get in touch with the spine surgeon and have a better understanding of how your health can be benefited from it.
- Undergoing spine fusion helps to reduce the pain by 50%. Also, many people do not have pain and they get complete relief with the surgery.
- The alternative for fusion is a long-term back rehabilitation program which controls the pain and helps to maintain its functioning.
- Undergoing high-quality rehab can help you involve a team of specialists which can help you get the best treatment.
The surgery can improve the pain which can be traced to a specific spinal disc. For the case of right repair is not the fusion and the procedure is termed as discectomy. The surgery can improve the pain which is because of the specific spinal disc. In the right case, it is not the fusions and the procedure is referred to as discectomy.
One of the studies has also shown that conservative therapy is effective like discectomy. Your surgeon will be able to tell you what kind of treatment you need for pain relief.
What about the surgery for spinal stenosis?
Spinal stenosis is a common issue with age. It means the space around the spinal cord becomes narrow. This can happen due to the overgrowth of bone and bulging discs which presses the nerves and result in pain. Some of the signs of stenosis include:
- Pain when standing which reduces when you sit down.
- Pain in the groin, upper thigh, and buttocks but not radiating pain down the back of the legs.
- Pain that gets worse when you lean back but decreases when you lean forward.
If you are facing a problem for a long time with your back and leg, then book your appointment with our spine surgeon today only.