The body moves freely because of the presence of joints, muscles, hamstrings, and bones. These tissues grow stiff, which reduces free movement. When stiffing takes place, there is pain and swelling in the joints. The pain and swelling reduce the physical activity of the person.
What Are The Causes?
The ends of the bone are covered by soft tissue, Which is known as cartilage. The cartilage is responsible for allowing free movement in the body. People who are suffering from osteoarthritis experience damage of cartilage, which causes pain and a sound of crackling when they do a movement. Some causes for this to happen are:
- Joint injuries
Signs and Symptoms
The most common symptom is a painful movement. Sometimes swelling and redness are also noticed.
Doctors ask the patient to do the following for arthritis treatment
- Anti-inflammatory drugs to be used forgetting instant relief.
- Topical creams or gels are also prescribed.
- Overweight patients are asked to manage their weight.
- Taking Vitamins and minerals in good quantities.
- Heat therapy to be taken in order to provide relief to patients.
- Do not move unnecessarily.
- Physiotherapy can also be done in order to manage pain.
- By doing relaxation techniques you find your mind to be distracted from the pain.
- Try heat and cold methods of healing.
- Have more of an anti-inflammatory food.
- Massage also helps patients deal with pain.
- Turn to swim or other water-based sports for better healing of pain
Some exercises which help in managing the pain in a better way:
Straight-leg raise (lying)
Bend one leg from the knee. The other leg should be straight and the foot lifted from the bed. Hold up till the count of 5, then lower down the leg. Repeat this at least 5 times with both the legs.
Step on the bottom step of stairs with the help of the right foot. Then with left foot on the upper stairs, bring down the right foot, keep doing this until you feel a little tired.
So now before concluding, take care of your health, get to know about your causes of pain, notice the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Go as per your doctor’s advise, whatever your doctor says to try to follow that.
Have you done all that your doctor has asked you to do? Try to put less strain on your joints. Take the help of walking aids whenever you feel the need.