Low Back Pain Exams and Tests
Back pain is caused due to several health conditions. If you ignore this type of pain, you may experience severe pain in the future. So, you need to get a proper check-up and treatment on time. To know about tests and treatment options to get rid of back pain, you must read the given article.
Diagnosis and treatment for lower back pain.
Exams and tests
- As there are several conditions that lead to back pain, specialists want to know about your medical history to determine the back pain causes.
- Your specialist may ask you several questions about your medical history. Or he may ask you what you did in the past few days, such as Were you lifting a heavy object?. Because lifting heavy objects leads to severe pain. Or he may need to know about certain health issues including-:
- Urinary difficulties
- Stomach illnesses
- vaginal bleeding
- menstrual cramping.
- Pain from the pelvis
- Physical examination includes proper check-up of your body. It means he examines how you walk on your toes, heels, and soles of the feet to know about nerve damage.
- Additionally, Reflexes are tested with the help of a reflex hammer. To perform this test, your specialist tells you to lie on your back, and you must elevate one leg one time without the help of a specialist. This is performed to examine muscle strength, nerves, and the presence of tension on the sciatic nerve.
- And then Sensation in your legs is tested through a paper clip, sharp objects, pin, and broken tongue depressor.
- This type of exam includes X-rays that are performed on those with acute pain. Well, there is no single test or exam available to determine the presence of certain diseases that leads you to lower back pain.
- Instead of performing Plain X-rays, your specialist may perform Myelogram X-ray. In this x-ray, a radio-opaque dye is injected into the spinal canal to determine the problems.
If a person is suffering from chronic back pain, an Electromyogram is performed to know the reasons behind the condition. In this test, your specialist injects tiny needles into the muscles to know the level of nerve root damage.
A complete blood test is performed to know the numbers of white blood cells and anemia. This test is known as Complete blood count.
Treatment for back pain
- You can get rid of back pain at Home by making certain lifestyle modifications or changes.
- Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen give you real relief from back pain.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- COX-2 inhibitors
- Muscle relaxants
- Opioid analgesics