Symptoms of Polymyalgia Rheumatica
Muscle pain and stiffness are common signs of inflammation condition Polymyalgia Rheumatica. These days several people are suffering from this condition, due to certain causes. If you are one of them, then you need to get medical help. To get the treatment, you need to understand the symptoms of this condition.
Polymyalgia rheumatica is explained as an inflammation condition of muscle joints, that leads to severe muscle pain as well as stiffness. You need to get the treatment of this condition as soon as possible, but if you leave it untreated, you will suffer from the severe condition.
To get the treatment, you need to visit the ortho doctor. He first examines you to know about symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica.
Physical Symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR)
Severe pain-: You may start experiencing severe pain in the shoulders and then it spread over the hip regions and to the neck. This pain is quite similar to muscle pain due to flu or vigorous exercise.
Symmetrical joint pain-: You will surely suffer from severe pain on both right and left sides including hips and shoulders.
Morning stiffness-: This is one of the most common symptoms of PMR which lasts for hours. You experience stiffness due to long periods of rest and immobility. In certain cases, people experience stiffness the entire day.
Difficulty in performing daily activities-: If you are suffering from PMR condition, then you will surely feel difficulty performing day-to-day activities. These include-:
- combing your hair properly.
- Raising arms to change clothes and picking any object from the highest shelves.
- Rising from bed
- Climbing stairs
Some people experience pain at night, fever, and tiredness all the time. In these cases, you need to get arthritis treatment to get rid of severe pain and stiffness.
Some other symptoms of PMR
- You may start losing weight due to decreased appetite.
- You may experience Swelling and fluid accumulation.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Severe pain in certain body parts includes wrists, knees, and hands-on one side.
- Pain in the jaw while eating and chewing food.
- Inflammation of blood vessels in the scalp leads to headaches
- Visual disturbances
Emotional Symptoms of PMR
PMR not only affects your physical health, but it also leads to certain mental health problems. These are-:
- Some people suffer from depression due to the loss of physical activity.
- Sudden weight loss leads you to low self-esteem.
- Feeling of aging faster because of a sudden decline in physical health.
In these cases, medical help will help you to get rid of these conditions. Or your specialist will suggest some lifestyle changes to treat these conditions and get rid of PMR.