Knee injury is happened due to many factors, in the running is the topmost reason. Many sportspeople choose knee replacement and another type of treatment related to knee injury because it results in stiffness, chronic pain, and inflammation. Here, in this guide, we are going to tell you about the symptoms of knee injury due to running
To understand the symptoms of a knee injury, you need to know the causes of knee injury due to running. These include-:
- Overuse of the knee during running
- Your bones aren’t lined up
- This can cause problems with your feet
- Weak or unbalanced thigh muscles
- Chondromalacia patella
The main symptoms of the knee injury from running include-:
- You will surely experience pain behind, around, and in front of your kneecap.
- Chronic pain is faced by you when you twist your knee during some physical activities such as squats, bowing, walking, and sitting or standing.
- You will definitely feel Discomfort during walking or when you walk at the stairs.
- You will surely notice swelling around your knee or a popping feeling inside the joint.
- You will also experience pain due to misalignment of the femoral groove, leading to severe pain. This type of pain you will surely experience inside and around the knee. You may also feel severe pain during the rest period. Due to these symptoms, you need to visit ortho doctor, so that you can get the proper check-up. He will examine you and your knee condition first, and only then will he suggest something to eliminate a knee problem.
- Knee swelling is also the main symptom of a knee injury during running. In addition, you may experience swelling of the front of the knee, which results in inflammation, less mobility, and soreness. You must take sports injury treatment to get back to your work more early. Along with the treatment, you need to follow all the instructions given by your doctor.
- Knee crepitus is another symptom in which a runner experiences a crunching and grinding sensation inside the knee. And this whole condition is known as knee crepitus. This usually happens due to extended sleep and rest, and many people struggle to get up from bed in the morning. This sign needs proper medical care so that you won’t face any other type of problem in the future.
- You may experience stiffness after sitting or standing for a long time. It happens when you sit in the car for a long time, leading to extended inflammation, stiffness, and pain.