One of the most common injuries is the rotator cuff. This can even affect the shoulder working and the range of motion will be affected. If you are experiencing a problem then you should seek the help of the doctor. In this guide, we will tell you about the rotator cuff and its symptoms.
The rotator cuff is a common injury linked to the shoulder joint. No doubt, the shoulder is the most amazing joint because of the range of motion it allows which is not provided by any other joint in the body. The dependence on the shoulder because of different activities can be very frustrating and it can even lead to injury.
What is a Rotator Cuff?
It is a group of muscles and four tendons surrounded by the shoulder joint. If there is an injury in rotator cuff then tendons are injured. The tendons help in connecting the muscles of the rotator cuff with the bone. There functioning will be affected when the tendons are inflamed or they get torn. When its functioning is affected it means the normal functioning of the shoulder will be limited.
Causes of Rotator Cuff Injury
The range of injury can be mild to severe and can be divided into 3 categories
- When the rotator cuff is overused it can result in tendinitis and can make it inflamed. Mostly, tennis player and painters suffer from this issue.
- Another injury is bursitis and it can result in inflammation of the bursa. This sac is present between the tendons and bone.
- Due to overuse, it can result in strains or tears. The problem can be caused by a fall or accident. This can result in pain and immediate pain.
Symptoms of Rotator Cuff
Not all the type of rotator cuff can lead to pain. Some of the results can lead to a problem in excess and sometimes symptoms might take months or years to appear.
- There are certain activities which can result in pain. This is why it affects your daily working routine.
- Due to this issue, it can become difficult to achieve full range of motion as shoulder pain is very common in this condition.
- You cannot even sleep properly because on the affected shoulder there is pain which makes it difficult to have sound sleep.
- If you try to reach overhead it can result in pain and tenderness.
- While sleeping, there is an extreme pain in the shoulder.
- With time because of the injury, the shoulder becomes weak every day.
- If you reach the back you face extreme trouble.